The basis of the massage involves long, flowing strokes. This type of massage
- Improves blood circulation, bringing more oxygen and nutrients to tissues. This enhances tissue elasticity and joint flexibility, and combats the negative effects of aging by producing healthy vibrant skin.
- Assists the body in releasing and discharging toxins and metabolic waste products.
- Calms the nervous system which reduces stress hormones and enhances the immune functioning of the body.
- Relaxes tight muscles. Relieves muscle aches and stiffness.
- Improves energy flow. Moves and balances the Qi – the vital life force.
- Promotes restful sleep.
- Fills a basic human need for positive touch.
DEEP TISSUE MASSAGE
Deep tissue work I do helps
- release patterns of tension in the body.
- restore mobility and functioning.
- break up adhesions from old injuries.
Foot reflexology stimulates all parts of the body through points on the feet, giving a boost to the overall health of the body. Most people find the gentle foot reflexology done by Debra Jeane Houle to be extremely relaxing as well as therapeutic.
Abdominal work is very therapeutic as emotions are often held in the abdominal area of the body. Having this area of the body worked on moves stuck Qi (chi), releases negative effects of stress and emotions, harmonizes the digestive system, and increases blood flow within the abdomen to increase oxygen to the organs. Many people find abdominal massage soothing and nurturing.
COST OF MASSAGE THERAPY
Massage can be done alone or in combination with an Acupuncture treatment.
|Standard Fees (travel within 7 mile radius)|
|One Hour Housecall Massage||$90*|
|90 minute Housecall Massage||$120*|
* Additional fee over 6 miles