- Before a Reiki treatment, it is explained what happens during the session. Feel free to ask any questions before beginning the session. It is best not to talk during the course of the treatment as this could disrupt the flow of the Reiki energy.
- You are asked to lie on a massage table fully clothed and a pillow and blanket is provided, if needed.
- You are lightly touched on various parts of your body, including areas around the head, shoulders, stomach, legs, and feet using no pressure. Note that Reiki is not a massage. And, if you prefer not to be touched, Reiki can still be performed with hands held several inches above your body.
- Each hand position is held for approximately 3 to 5 minutes or as long as the need to focus on a particular part of the body is required. The practitioner knows the right amount of time for each position.
- You might feel warmth radiating from the practitioner’s hands. Some people feel a cool or icy sensation, tingling, or a sense of hands remaining in an area even after they have moved to another position.
- Most people find themselves in a deep state of relaxation and some even fall asleep.